Rhinoplasty – Quick Facts
• Rhinoplasty is the surgical procedure to the nose that reduces or restructures cartilage and bone. In some cases, additional cartilage may be gathered from a donor site and grafted into the nose to improve its overall structure.
• Even-though it is considered to be an aesthetic procedure, a rhinoplasty can also be beneficial in the treatment of sinusitis, chronic snoring, and other respiratory issues.
• That said, a lot of patients do undergo rhinoplasty procedures for cosmetic reasons like correcting a broken nose, improving pointy tipped noses, or evening out a bump on the bridge of the nose.
• Patients should spend the first 24 hours following the procedure resting with their head elevated.
• Work, exercise, and air travel should be avoided during the first week of recovery, while all other labour intensive activities must be avoided for an extra week.
• While most of the healing process is completed by the two-week mark, some swelling can persist for months. Final results can take up to a year to become fully visible.
• Swelling, bruising, and general discomfort in and around the nose are a normal part of the healing process.
• After recovery, some patients may experience nosebleeds, facial numbness, and serious breathing difficulties.
• In certain cases, choosing the an experienced plastic surgeon and proper aftercare can help reduce these risks.
• The price of rhinoplasty differs depending on a number of factors, including the surgeon you choose to work with and where the procedure is performed but also the complexity of each case.
• According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the average fee for a rhinoplasty procedure is roughly 3,800 euros.
• Additional costs like extended anaesthesia and facility fees can bring the price of rhinoplasty up to as much as 5,000 euros.
RHINOPLASTY NEAR ME
• While rhinoplasty is a very safe procedure, achieving ideal results requires the services of a professional who has a good eye for aesthetics.
• A board-certified plastic surgeon with experience performing rhinoplasty procedures will be able to share before and after pictures of their former patients with you. This should help you decide upon the health professional who is best able to meet your expectations.
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery